Gauteng Women in Insurance welcomed members to its ‘Retro in Lumo’ themed year-end function with main sponsor Camargue, and co-sponsors Chubb, Emerald, Genasys, Guy Carpenter, Leppard, Marsh, MUA Insurance Acceptances, One Insurance, Praesidio Risk Managers, Sintelum and Swiss Re Corporate Solutions.
Outdoor drive-in roadhouse experience
Hosted at The Roadhouse Restaurant Drive-In, at the Kyalami Equestrian Park, the theme of the event was centred around an outdoor drive-in roadhouse experience.
On arrival, guests were provided with face masks, sponsored by Genasys. The guests were then treated to welcome drinks sponsored by One Financial.
Welcoming members, GWII President, Catherine Pienaar, reflected on the year that was, and what GWII members can expect in 2021.
With a photo booth, sponsored by Genasys, the ladies then snapped away and captured the fun, while listening to lively music.
Having indulged in a delicious dinner, it was then time for prize giving. A few lucky ladies walked away with prizes donated by sponsors. We would like to thank the sponsors who contributed to the prizes.
- Allianz sponsored four bottles of Moet & Chandon Champagne
- Auto & General sponsored a Takealot voucher to the value of R1000
- CIA Building Insurance Specialists sponsored four Le Creuset gifts
- Chubb sponsored a Milex Nutriblender valued at R1000
- Crawford & Company sponsored a massive Prosecco Hamper filled with glasses, two bottles of bubbly and some other yummies value at R1200
- Discovery Insure sponsored two picnic backpack bags filled with goods
- Emerald sponsored a hamper filled with a Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Collection cream and a pack of playing cards and dominoes
- HIC Underwriting Managers sponsored two Swarovski pens valued at R500 each
- Hollard Insure sponsored two Yuppiechef vouchers valued at R1000 each
- Innovation Group sponsored four Body Shop hampers
- King Price sponsored a beautiful pamper hamper filled with towels, branded goodies, shampoo and snacks
- Lloyd Warwick International sponsored a make-up hamper
- MUA Insurance sponsored three diffusers
- One Insurance sponsored a Silver Filigree Heart and Round Cubic Charm valued at R900
- Paton Personnel sponsored a midweek night’s stay for two, at Hornbill Lodge and Legends valued at R1000
- Santam sponsored two travel mug sets
A night at the movies, of course, is not complete without some popcorn, candy floss and slush puppies, so thank you Swiss Re Corporate Solutions for the yummie treats!
Thank you MUA Insurance, for sponsoring our photographer for the night!
A charitable cause
As customary, members were asked to bring along a R100 cash donation for the nominated charity, which was You and Me versus MND, in memory of Kevin Jordan.
We would like to thank each one of you for your donation.
GWII would like to thank main sponsor Camargue, and co-sponsors Chubb, Emerald, Genasys, Guy Carpenter, Leppard, Marsh, MUA Insurance, One Financial, Praesidio Risk Managers, Sintelum and Swiss Re Corporate Solutions, without them this would not have been possible.
And lastly, to all GWII members thank you for attending this event. Until our next event, we wish you have a wonderful and safe festive season, and a blessed 2021.
See photos here