Gauteng Women in Insurance welcomed members to its ‘Fire and Ice’ themed year-end function with main sponsors Marsh, AIG, Guy Carpenter and Innovation Group, and co-sponsors Associated Loss Adjusters, Camargue, HIC Underwriting Managers, Genasys, Sintelum, One, Constantia Insurance, Chubb and Old Mutual Insure.
A dramatic effect
Hosted at Longmeadow 109 Montecasino Blvd, Fourways, on 14 November, the theme of the event was centred around Fire and Ice.
Combing the elements of hot and cold, the tone was set for the evening with an experience of warm reds and oranges and a busy, energy driven atmosphere. The ice side of things, represented a glittering frosty charm with blues, whites and purples.
To get the party started, on arrival guests were treated to welcome drinks, sponsored by HIC Underwriting Managers. Boasting a photo booth, sponsored by One, for photo sessions, the ladies then snapped away and captured the fun while listening the background sounds of lively music.
Formalities for the evening
As the speeches began, Rianet Whitehead, having served as a Chairperson for the past year, in which she steps down at the end of 2019, briefly looked back to where it all began and what the future may hold.
Rianet then announced Catherine Pienaar as the new President of the GWII for 2020, with Michelle Dee Coetzee as Deputy President, followed by the new incoming committee members: Kyndra Robertson (Retro Rabbit), Milesha Chetty (Leppard Underwriting), Shaazia Khan (Coface South Africa), Terashni Pillay (Discovery Insure) and Wilmine De Ridder (Constantia Insurance).
This was then followed by Coetzee giving the audience a brief overview and reflection on the year 2019.
Having delighted in a buffet dinner, it was then time for prize giving. A few lucky ladies walked away with prizes donated by sponsors. We would like to thank the sponsors who contributed to the prizes.
- Allianz – sponsored two bottles of Moet Champagne
- Auto & General – sponsored one diffuser and one set of Andy Cartwright wine glasses
- Camargue – sponsored a pamper pack
- Chubb – sponsored one Paklite Stealth 60cm expandable trolley spinner suitcase
- Digicall – sponsored two survivor packs
- Discovery Insure – sponsored one lucky lady an advanced driving course
- GuardRisk – sponsored an Evelyn and Crabtree gift
- Hollard Oojah – sponsored four bottles of wine (two red, two white)
- HIC Underwriting Managers – sponsored a Takealot voucher to the value of R500
- King Price – sponsored a hamper filled with gin, branded goodies, siders and snacks
- MUA Insurance – sponsored three diffusers
- O’Keeffe & Swartz – sponsored two bottles of Moet Champagne and two boxes of Lindt chocolates
- PG Glass – sponsored a Takealot voucher to the value of R1000
- Santam – sponsored one Edgars voucher to the value of R1000 and one Carrol Boyes voucher to the value of R1000
- Standard Bank – sponsored one Carrol Boyes pickle set with a fork and one Carrol Boyes square bowl with spoon
- Tracker – sponsored one pink gin pack and one triple berry gin pack
GWII also sponsored sixteen Woolworths vouchers and gave these away to the ladies who dressed up according to the theme.
There is fire, and there is ice
Once the formalities for the evening came to an end, the guests enjoyed watching fire dancers as they played out a dramatic scene with the element that has lasted the test of time… fire.
Following a bonfire ceremony, in which the ladies ‘burned the past’ with written words on paper, members were brought to their feet to dance the night away.
Indeed, it was a night to remember... a night to also remember that there is fire, and there is ice.
A charitable cause
As customary, members were asked to bring along a R100 cash donation for the nominated charity, Kwasa College. Kwasa College improves the lives of the vulnerable children living in the informal settlements.
We would like to thank each one of you for your donation.
GWII would like to thank main sponsors Marsh, AIG, Guy Carpenter and Innovation Group, and co-sponsors Associated Loss Adjusters, Camargue, HIC Underwriting Managers, Genasys, Sintelum, One, Constantia Insurance, Chubb and Old Mutual Insure for their sponsorship and support for this event. Without them this would not have been possible.
And lastly, to all GWII members thank you for attending this event. Until our next event, we wish you have a wonderful and safe festive season, and a blessed 2020.
See photos here