International motivator Brett Shuttleworth’s 10 take-aways will expedite your growth and journey towards a fulfilled, joyous and happy life.
These tips are easy to apply and integrate into your day:
- Knowledge is power - When you wake up, read or listen to motivational material even if it is for only 20 minutes each morning. There’s nothing like waking up ‘into the life of a legend’ who inspires you.
- Visualise the day ahead - I take a few minutes during my ‘Brett hour’ to visualise what I want to attract in the coming day. I also go over the goals I want to achieve by the end of the year.
- I have learned that you become a product of your environment - Surround yourself with positive, ethical people, who are committed to excellence (in life, friendship, partner and work etc.)
- Take an intelligent risk every 24 hours: No try-no win - Life is so short: Why not be daring daily? What can you ultimately lose except lying on your death bed wishing you had lived up to your wildest dreams?
- Wise people get fit like a pro-athlete - Exercise is an insurance policy you take out on your health, and each day that you exercise, you’re paying the premium.
- I picked this from a Robin Sharma book and I love it - When you travel, send love letters to your kids on hotel stationary. In time, they’ll have a rich collection to remember your travels by, and you maintain an exciting bond with your kids when you’re not around.
- Eat balanced proportions - Do not eat before you go to bed. Your metabolism stays active and your digestive system awake to digest the meal, which means your body will still be in overdrive while you’re sleeping. This gives you a sluggish, unrested feeling when you wake up.
- Smile - It’s a highly effective way to win in business and life!
- Write a eulogy for yourself and then live your life backwards - If you are clear about what you stand for and what you want to be remembered by, your daily decisions become easier. Ask the hard questions and play 20% out of your comfort zone, always.
- Create a life masterpiece that makes your soul smile - You know that feeling when you first fell in love? Imagine if every day could feel like that. When nothing disturbs you and you feel like you are on a permanent holiday… Isn’t that what life is ultimately about? I have designed my life to feel this way every single day, from when I wake up till, I go to bed. I use seven core fundamentals that are integrated as part of my lifestyle: Intention, Masterpiece, Gratitude, Balance, Integrity, Humor and Love. It makes me feel like I can walk through raindrops!