The Gauteng Women in Insurance (GWII) 2020 Women in Leadership Development Programme (WiLD), presented by Leeann Naidoo from Concordia, has now come to a close.
Aimed at women in middle to senior management positions, aspiring for senior leadership positions within the insurance sector, the course, which ran over a period of six weeks, supported 22 eager ladies in their development of key leadership skills and characteristics.
Unlocking their full potential
Helping them to unlock their full potential, the objective of the course was to help the women:
- Overcome personal barriers by understanding personal drivers of motivation and inhibitors.
- Develop key leadership skills like business acumen, effective boardroom communications and negotiations.
- Learn key tools like change management and storytelling as a means of influencing behaviour.
- Build confidence and resilience in managing difficult situations and holding courageous conversations.
- Develop a strong personal brand and learn how to make an impact on every interaction.
- Understand the future of work and create a personal vision board & action plan to achieve goals and aspirations.
To conclude the course, and award their efforts, in their final presentations the delegates got to deliver their group presentations to their line managers and a panel of judges, also including their personal learning journeys.
Winning groups were awarded a prize and additional support to implement their ideas. Once the formal panel presentations and feedback were done, delegates reconvened one last time as a cohort to reinforce their support of each other going forward, agree how their coaching circles will work going forward, how they will support each other, and how implementation of their learnings will take place.
Congratulations to all the ladies
Well done to all involved and congratulations to all the ladies on this achievement!
Feedback on the course
Feedback on the course has been fantastic and it is great to see how we are changing lives. Some individuals said, “the programme has changed me” and “I would definitely recommend this programme to take your career to the next level!”