Gauteng Women in Insurance (GWII) hosted their annual golf day at the magnificent Steyn City Golf Club in Midrand with main sponsors Auto & General, Camargue and Clyde & Co, and co-sponsors Everingham, Fixico, Leppard, Tracker and Horizon Underwriting Managers.
Getting together with the ladies for a round of golf is a great way to mix exercise and friendly competition. Whether you choose to play for prizes or just for fun, these games add an interesting twist to your day on the links.
On arrival players were supplied with golf shirts, sponsored by Clyde & Co, welcome goody bags filled with pitch repairers, golf balls and water sponsored by Auto & General, white caps sponsored by Everinghams, and golf balls sponsored by GuardRisk. To adhere to Covid-19 protocol, players were supplied with masks, sponsored by Camargue.
The players were also treated to a goody bag, sponsored by Constantia, filled with a sleeve of Gary Player golf balls, a golf cap, golf towel and golf pencil.
Lathered in sunscreen, sponsored by Digicall, the players enjoyed a selection of light refreshments, before heading out onto the greens.
GWII always supports a charity and for this event members were asked to arrive in a golf shirt which they were willing to donate to charity.
What a fun day! As players came off the field, they were asked to putt (where the putt was 25 meters) and if a person got the putt in the hole, they would win R25 000 in cash from SHA Risk Specialists.
Frozen popsicles, sponsored by iTOO and a gin bar, sponsored by Camargue, was a hit after a warm day in the sun. The day ended off with a cocktail and prize giving session, followed by scrumptious eats and treats, including hot canapes and a dessert station.
Category winners included all the 4-ball groups. Prizes were also given for nearest the pin and the longest drive. Thank you to all our prize sponsors:
- Winners - Discovery sponsored four advanced driving course vouchers to the value of R2160 each
- 2nd place - Hollard sponsored four Takealot vouchers to the value of R1000 each
- 3rd place - Digicall sponsored four hamper prizes worth R2400 each
- 4th place - King Price sponsored Sorbet Vouchers to the value of R300 and a goodie bag
- 5th - African Frontier Risks gave away four cash prizes to the value of R500 each
- 6th - Auto & General sponsored four goodie hampers
- 7th - Genasys sponsored a bottle of perfume for each player
- 8th - GWII sponsored four Takealot Vouchers to the value of R500 each
- 9th - iTOO sponsored a set of Crystal glasses for each player
- 10th – Oaktree sponsored hampers filled with photo frames, hip flasks, torches and multi-tools
LUCKY DRAW PRIZES
Closest to the pin won a R1000 Takealot voucher, sponsored by FAnews, and the longest drive (Tammy Kumleben) won a R2 500 cash prize sponsored by King Price. Deborah Viney won the Wickhams Retreat three-night mid-week break valued at R3 600.
Kevin Janse van Rensburg and Liana Potgieter also walked away with Takealot vouchers to the value of R500 each, sponsored by Hollard.
Following a lucky draw, a grand prize for the evening saw Toni Egglestone walk away with a CamiRocks Fine Jewellery range voucher, sponsored by Fulgeo Diamonds, to the value of R10 000.
Two more lucky draw winners, Corne Coertze and Sanelisiwe Mpofu, each won an Emerald Hamper filled with Crabtree & Evelyn Hand Collection creams and card games.
Thank you sponsors
GWII would like to thank main our sponsors Auto & General, Camargue and Clyde & Co, and co-sponsors Everingham, Fixico, Leppard, Tracker and Horizon Underwriting Managers as this event would not have been possible without them.
GWII would also like to thank all the members who took part in this fun day… it was a lovely day indeed!
Photos can be viewed here